About Me

My photo
Hey There! This is Anna, and I am a Graphic Designer!
To check out more projects or talk me visit annasalazar.com.

Archive

Friday, June 17, 2011

Finally, it has finally happened! :]

This past two or three months have been the busiest of my Graphic Design career, which is a great sign because it only means that I'm getting work. YAY! :D

However, the best part of everything has happened last week out of a frustrating incident. As some of you might know, I was supposed to visit Los Angeles to see my friends' graduation, so I was planning on leaving on Thursday of last week. After getting everything ready, I decide to check my degree's status on the university website, and I see the most horrific thing someone can read when they're getting ready to travel: "AMOUNT DUE NOW: $884."

I was like, "WUUUUUTTT?!?!?!"

So, yah, no road-tripping for this girl... So, on the night that I'm supposed to travel, I decide to look for a job because I am broke as hell now. As I search online, I came across an ad for a graphic designer for ASI at CSUEB. I thought to myself, "why not?" I applied at 2:30am.

The next day, at around 10 am, I get an email response asking me to come in for an interview the next day! Wooooo!! :D

So, that's how Anna got a full-time job as a Graphic Designer this summer! If it wasn't for me paying for a eight hundred dollar fee, I would have gone to to Los Angeles and never gotten the interview. See, I needed to be broke to find an awesome full-time job in my field! :]

Anyways, I leave you here with one of my client's projects! This organization, International Accountability Project, helps people around the world that I suffering unjust developments and helps them defend their human rights and environments. You can check them out at www.accountabilityproject.org.

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about today's post?? C'mon don't be shy :]