About Me

My photo
Hey There! This is Anna, and I am a Graphic Designer!
To check out more projects or talk me visit annasalazar.com.

Archive

Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Love~!

I am in love with this season, so much has happened and I could not be more exited!

Today I visited Gopika and Matt from Elefint Designs, to talk about a Web Designer Internship this summer. I've been stalking their internship openings because this design firm actually cares about the social and environmental impact of their design, and who they work for. It's pretty sweet, and if you know me, you would totally agree that this a perfect internship for Anna!

Awesomely enough, they liked my work and decided to hire me as an intern! Yaaaaay!! You guys can check out their webpage at www.elefintdesigns.com. They're pretty awesome, and work with a lot of non-profit companies that help the world be a better place. So, of course, I love that I get to be a part of it!

Now, I would like to talk about 'luck.' A lot of people say I am 'lucky' when I land a job/internship, but I would like to make something clear: I am not lucky. It happened because I worked hard to get there. I spent the entire year searching for jobs, doing informational interviews, working on my website, and working on my portfolio, so I like to think that I've earned it.

For example, I draw well because I have practiced ever since I was a little girl, not because I was born an artist. I wish I drew the way I draw now back then, but it took me years, and many erasers, to draw like I do now.

I believe that everyone gets what they want as long as they work hard for it. So, don't lose hope because you are not a lucky person, lose hope when you see yourself not working hard towards your goal.

Keep working at it, and you will get what you want! YOU CAN DO IT! :]
When you do get what you want, you will know that it was because you did a great job at being awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about today's post?? C'mon don't be shy :]